The National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Research Design Service for Yorkshire and the Humber (RDS YH) provides advice and support to applied health and social care researchers to help them to develop and design high quality research proposals for submission to NIHR and other national, peer-reviewed funding competitions. Support is provided free of charge.
The RDS can
- Help researchers to develop their ideas and design high quality research proposals for submission to national, peer-reviewed funding competitions.
- Provide access to a range of specialist expertise in research design, including advice on research synthesis, study design and methodology (quantitative and qualitative), statistics and health economics.
- Signpost researchers to other sources of expert advice on the applied health and social care research system.
Face-to-face advice is available, supported by telephone and email. Complete our online ‘Request for Advice and Support’ form and we will be in touch to arrange an appointment.
Please contact us at email@example.com or telephone our general enquiries number on 0114 222 0828 for more information.
A message from the PGfAR Director
The Director of the NIHR Programme Grants for Applied Research (PGfAR) funding stream, Professor Paul Little, has released a message in which he:
* Provides an update of the impact of the key changes made to the scheme
* Details introduction of a new light touch process to further help applicants thinking of applying
* Re-emphasises the move to three calls per year
* Describes the types and range of research welcomed by the scheme
NIHR Fellowships Webinar Now Available
NIHR Fellowship Deadlines and RDS Review Panels
RDS Sheffield will be offering a peer-review of completed applications:
- closing date for RDS submission 22nd Nov
- RDS review panel review 29th Nov
- closing date for RDS submission 6th Dec
- RDS panel review 13th Dec
If you have any comments or feedback on the service, you can let us know here