The National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Research Design Service Yorkshire and the Humber (RDS YH) provides advice and support to applied health and social care researchers to help them to develop and design high quality research proposals for submission to NIHR and other national, peer-reviewed funding competitions. Support is provided free of charge.
The RDS can
- Help researchers to develop their ideas and design high quality research proposals for submission to national, peer-reviewed funding competitions.
- Provide access to a range of specialist expertise in research design, including advice on research synthesis, study design and methodology (quantitative and qualitative), statistics and health economics.
- Signpost researchers to other sources of expert advice on the applied health and social care research system.
Face-to-face advice is available, supported by telephone and email. Complete our online ‘Request for Advice and Support’ form and we will be in touch to arrange an appointment.
Please contact us at email@example.com or telephone our general enquiries number on 0114 222 0828 for more information.
Drop-in Fellowship Information Event for Allied Health Professions (AHPs)
Monday 31 October 2016: Sheffield from 11.00 to 14.00
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals (STH) Medical School, Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield S10 2RX
This drop-in information event is hosted by the Clinical Research Office (CRO) at STH and the Research Design Service Yorkshire and Humber (RDS YH).
The event is aimed at Allied Health Professionals who are interested in applying to NIHRs Trainees Commissioning Centre (TCC) for a fellowship grant. If you are interested in other types of NIHR fellowships you are very welcome to come along for some informal advice.
View the event flyer here.
NIHR Invention for Innovation (i4i) Programme Event
Tuesday 1 November 2016
Berrick Saul Building, University of York.
The event is hosted by Professor Karen Bloor who is the Research Theme Champion for Health and Wellbeing at the University of York. Researchers from any discipline are welcome and no prior funding from or knowledge of NIHR is required.
The event will run from 12noon to 4pm and is FREE of charge. A networking lunch will be provided.
NIHR Fellowship Deadlines and RDS Review Panels
RDS Sheffield will be offering a peer-review of completed applications:
- closing date for RDS submission 22nd Nov
- RDS review panel review 29th Nov
- closing date for RDS submission 6th Dec
- RDS panel review 13th Dec
If you have any comments or feedback on the service, you can let us know here