How we can help
Our team of advisers can offer you advice on all aspects of your health and social care research and support you to develop your funding application. We can help you to:
- focus your research ideas and refine your research questions
- identify the most appropriate funding streams
- build your research team
- explore how best to involve members of the public in your research
- develop your plain English summary
- structure your grant application and cost your proposal
- choose the right methodology for your study
- think about the impact of your research
- signpost you to other sources of research expertise
If your funding application is unsuccessful, we can help with interpreting the feedback you received from the funding panel. This may help you think about reframing your ideas or looking at other potential funding sources.
All of our staff across the three Universities work together and between them have rich and complementary experience. Look at our specialist advice section for further support that we can offer. We also offer advice and support if you are interested in applying for an NIHR Fellowship.
“Aside from having a research idea I was absolutely stuck, with no sense of how I could move forward. Was it worth trying? This was the first question the RDS helped me with. Could the idea be converted into a question upon which a study could be built? This was the second. From that multiple practical study design questions arose and were addressed and developed by the RDS. Throughout I felt both challenged and supported by colleagues who knew the language and process as well as having expertise to develop my research idea.”