Skip to content

Specialist advice – Research Design Service Yorkshire and Humber

Specialist advice

Specialist advice

We offer guidance and advice on all aspects of research.  In addition to your assigned general RDS adviser we can put you in contact with specialist advisers based at the Universities of Sheffield, Leeds and York including:

  • information specialists
  • health and social care economists
  • quantitative and qualitative research experts
  • statisticians
  • health and social care psychologists
  • public involvement forum
  • Clinical Trials Unit (CTU)
  • Relevant local and national contacts and collaborators.

Find out about applying for our public involvement fund to support you to involve members of the public in developing your funding application.

Complete our request advice form to find out more about how we can help you.

View our resources pages for reports and guidance documents and find out about our workshops and seminars.

Social Care Research

Please contact us for advice and support if you are interested in applying for funding for social care research.

The NIHR School for Social Care Research (SSCR) commissions and carries out social care research to inform and improve adult social care practice in England.

Public Health Research

The University of Sheffield is one of eight academic public health centres of excellence that form the NIHR School for Public Health Research (SPHR).  Professor Wendy Baird, Director of RDS YH is a member of the SPHR advisory group.

Complete our advice form and arrange to meet an adviser if you are interested in applying for funding for public health research.

You can also contact the Public Health Research Applications Design and Advice service (PHRADA) if you are applying to one of their supported calls. 

Request Advice