RDS YH News
NIHR Webinar: New NIHR Fellowships
Thursday 19 April at 11am
Pete Thompson, Assistant Director of the NIHR TCC and the Fellowships Team at the NIHR will present this 1 hour webinar that explains the new NIHR Fellowships and go through what the changes mean for applicants.
This will include
- a detailed description of each Fellowship
- which Fellowship is most suitable for your career stage
- a chance to ask any questions you may have about the new NIHR Fellowships
RDS Residential Grant Development and Writing Retreat
The Retreat is free to successful applicants and will include food and accommodation. Find further information about the retreat here.
Guidance from NIHR on disseminating funded research findings
NIHR has published some new guidance on disseminating funded research findings.
Read the new guidance document here.
The Story of RfPB
NIHR have produced a showcase of some of the research RfPB have funded over the years which demonstrates the diversity of project funding:
NIHR Mental Health Themed Call Webinar
A webinar to support applications to the NIHR Mental Health Themed Call will be held on Tuesday 1 May 2018, at 12:00pm. Register your interest here.
RDS YH Grant Writing Workshops
We are holding two grant writing workshops this year:
NIHR 2018 Theme: Mental health
Information on the 2018 NIHR Theme: Mental health is now available at: http://www.nihr.ac.uk/fund
NIHR Trainees Coordinating Centre Webinars
The NIHR Trainees Coordinating Centre offer a range of webinars designed for current and aspiring NIHR trainees. The webinars cover a variety of topics to help researchers develop their research careers. Previous webinars, which are available to view, include topics such as
Public Involvement, NIHR Fellowships and Intellectual Property (IP) in research.
New webinars will be hosted live and recordings will be made available following the live events. Each live webinar includes a 30 minute question and answer session allowing attendees to get their specific questions answered by experts from across the NIHR and beyond.
To attend or view the webinars you must register first.
The TCC webinar channel can be found at: bit.ly/NIHRwebinarchannel
Public Involvement Standards moves on to testing phase
By the end of March 2018, the Public Involvement Standards Development Partnership will publish a revised version of the standards that responds to the feedback gathered from a consultation carried out in 2017. From April 2018 to April 2019, the next stage in developing the standards is to make sure that they work in practice.
They are looking for people, groups, teams and organisations that want to get involved in:
- Putting the standards to practical use in their own working environment
- Sharing what they learn
They plan to work directly with a small number (maximum 10) test bed projects and indirectly with as many people, groups, teams and organisations that want to get involved. Find out more info.
NIHR News Feed
- Trust clinical psychologist nominated for Dementia Research Leader Award
- Evelina Children’s Hospital is the top recruiting site for the CAP-IT trial
- Does brain function really decline after hip and knee surgery?
- CRN South London ODP App
- New brain tumour research funding opportunities open
- New Greater Manchester Centre to boost vital clinical research into dementia
- Oxfordshire residents to take part in kidney disease study
- Meet Research Paramedic Graham McClelland
- NIHR IBD BioResource signs up 10,000th participant
- Prime minister announces £75 million to support new prostate cancer research