RDS YH News
NIHR awards an additional five-year contract for a Research Design Service in Yorkshire and the Humber
The NIHR Research Design Service Yorkshire and the Humber (RDS YH) has been awarded a further five-year contract funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), to continue delivering the service until September 2023.
See the announcement from NIHR here.
Guidance from NIHR on disseminating funded research findings
NIHR has published some new guidance on disseminating funded research findings.
Read the new guidance document here.
The Story of RfPB
NIHR have produced a showcase of some of the research RfPB have funded over the years which demonstrates the diversity of project funding:
NIHR 2018 Theme: Mental health
Information on the 2018 NIHR Theme: Mental health is now available at: http://www.nihr.ac.uk/fund
NIHR Trainees Coordinating Centre Webinars
The NIHR Trainees Coordinating Centre offer a range of webinars designed for current and aspiring NIHR trainees. The webinars cover a variety of topics to help researchers develop their research careers. Previous webinars, which are available to view, include topics such as
Public Involvement, NIHR Fellowships and Intellectual Property (IP) in research.
New webinars will be hosted live and recordings will be made available following the live events. Each live webinar includes a 30 minute question and answer session allowing attendees to get their specific questions answered by experts from across the NIHR and beyond.
To attend or view the webinars you must register first.
The TCC webinar channel can be found at: bit.ly/NIHRwebinarchannel
Public Involvement Standards moves on to testing phase
By the end of March 2018, the Public Involvement Standards Development Partnership will publish a revised version of the standards that responds to the feedback gathered from a consultation carried out in 2017. From April 2018 to April 2019, the next stage in developing the standards is to make sure that they work in practice.
They are looking for people, groups, teams and organisations that want to get involved in:
- Putting the standards to practical use in their own working environment
- Sharing what they learn
They plan to work directly with a small number (maximum 10) test bed projects and indirectly with as many people, groups, teams and organisations that want to get involved. Find out more info.
NIHR News Feed
- BBC Radio Nottingham Shines the Light on Clinical Research
- First ‘3 in 1’ MS trial completed
- Caesarean section associated with more risks than vaginal birth
- “Knowing that you are able to deliver the best possible care at a time of life that is precious is incredibly important.”
- Why is research in palliative care important?
- Are cannabis-based products effective for medicinal use?
- NIHR shines a spotlight on hospice and community research
- Network Launches Research Video for World Hospice & Palliative Care Day
- Patient Research at John Eastwood Hospice Praised on World Hospice & Palliative Care Day
- Reducing sitting time at work boosts engagement and wellbeing