RDS YH News
NIHR Academy Training Fellowship Workshops
RDS YH holds workshops to support health and social care researchers who are intending to apply for a Doctoral or Advanced level NIHR Training Fellowship.
The next workshop is on Wednesday 26 June 2019 at the University of Sheffield
The workshops are free of charge and will run from 10.00 to 16.00. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
For further information and details of how to book a place, view the event flyer.
NIHR launches Social Care campaign
A new NIHR campaign launched in November 2018 Social Care: Investing in Better Research. Social care is a vital part of an integrated healthcare system and NIHR is increasing its focus on social care research. To find out more:
- Visit the NIHR website to find out about NIHR funding and support for social care research
- View the JLA’s Top 10 Priority Areas from the Adult Social Work Priority Setting Partnership
- Support care homes to get involved in research using ENRICH
- Find NIHR Academy Fellowships in the field of social care
- Discover opportunities to take part in research
NIHR awards an additional five-year contract for a Research Design Service in Yorkshire and the Humber
The NIHR Research Design Service Yorkshire and the Humber (RDS YH) has been awarded a further five-year contract funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), to continue delivering the service until September 2023.
See the announcement from NIHR here.
Guidance from NIHR on disseminating funded research findings
NIHR has published some new guidance on disseminating funded research findings.
Read the new guidance document here.
The Story of RfPB
NIHR have produced a showcase of some of the research RfPB have funded over the years which demonstrates the diversity of project funding:
NIHR News Feed
- CRN Wessex prepare for launch of LPMS-CPMS interface project
- Artist collaboration creates banner to showcase allotment experiences of dementia
- Milton Keynes shoppers learn about NHS research
- Cognitive behavioural therapy can provide better long-term relief for IBS symptoms than standard treatment, research finds
- Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust scoops clinical trial support award
- Investigating young people’s exposure to tobacco products following display ban in shops in Scotland
- The Clinical Research Network (CRN) South West Peninsula becomes the latest network to be chosen as a Pfizer INSPIRE site
- Wessex launch fifth call for Technology Support Programme
- Eastern team at the forefront of tongue-tie study
- Wessex patients report positive experience of research for a second year