RDS YH News
Centre for Future Health and University of York Research Impact Conference
The event will take place on 22 March (2019) in the Ron Cooke Hub on Campus East.
The day will showcase, via a series of short talks, posters and displays, a wide range of world-leading research with impact across all faculties in the area of health and wellbeing at the University.
The day will focus on two interlinked areas of particular strength for York which also encompass some of the most important health issues and challenges facing us today and into the coming decades. These are:
1: Innovative approaches to diagnosis and treatment
2: Transforming health policy and overcoming health inequalities
Details of the full programme and registration are available via Eventbrite.
For any enquiries about the event please contact email@example.com
NIHR launches social care campaign
- Visit the NIHR website to find out about NIHR funding and support for social care research
- View the JLA’s Top 10 Priority Areas from the Adult Social Work Priority Setting Partnership
- Support care homes to get involved in research using ENRICH
- Find NIHR Academy Fellowships in the field of social care
- Discover opportunities to take part in research
NIHR awards an additional five-year contract for a Research Design Service in Yorkshire and the Humber
The NIHR Research Design Service Yorkshire and the Humber (RDS YH) has been awarded a further five-year contract funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), to continue delivering the service until September 2023.
See the announcement from NIHR here.
Guidance from NIHR on disseminating funded research findings
NIHR has published some new guidance on disseminating funded research findings.
Read the new guidance document here.
The Story of RfPB
NIHR have produced a showcase of some of the research RfPB have funded over the years which demonstrates the diversity of project funding:
NIHR News Feed
- BI Manager shortlisted for national award
- NIHR-funded study will test if a healthier supermarket layout improves diet
- Prof Chaudhuri reflects on being a Specialty Group Lead
- Dame Sally Davies to step down as Chief Medical Officer
- Top south London Professor on One Show
- Study Support Service: National improvement plan for industry update
- NIHR Roadshow heads to the south west
- New Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation (EME) Programme Director appointed
- Dexter’s Laboratory: Nottingham patient, 11, aims to get more young people involved in research
- Shrinking fish and chips for healthier portion sizes