RDS YH News
RDS YH Grant Writing Workshop
We are holding a grant writing workshop on Tuesday 22 May in Leeds. View the flyer for more information.
NIHR 2018 Theme: Mental health
Information on the 2018 NIHR Theme: Mental health is now available at: http://www.nihr.ac.uk/fund
NIHR Trainees Coordinating Centre Webinars
The NIHR Trainees Coordinating Centre offer a range of webinars designed for current and aspiring NIHR trainees. The webinars cover a variety of topics to help researchers develop their research careers. Previous webinars, which are available to view, include topics such as
Public Involvement, NIHR Fellowships and Intellectual Property (IP) in research.
New webinars will be hosted live and recordings will be made available following the live events. Each live webinar includes a 30 minute question and answer session allowing attendees to get their specific questions answered by experts from across the NIHR and beyond.
To attend or view the webinars you must register first.
The TCC webinar channel can be found at: bit.ly/NIHRwebinarchannel
Public Involvement Standards moves on to testing phase
By the end of March 2018, the Public Involvement Standards Development Partnership will publish a revised version of the standards that responds to the feedback gathered from a consultation carried out in 2017. From April 2018 to April 2019, the next stage in developing the standards is to make sure that they work in practice.
They are looking for people, groups, teams and organisations that want to get involved in:
- Putting the standards to practical use in their own working environment
- Sharing what they learn
They plan to work directly with a small number (maximum 10) test bed projects and indirectly with as many people, groups, teams and organisations that want to get involved. Find out more info.
NIHR News Feed
- Career development for nurses, midwives and allied health professionals that will boost health research activity in Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Results of 2017 Patient Research Experience Survey released
- Imaging techniques can improve diagnosis of pancreatic cancer and avoid unnecessary surgery
- Dementia care improved by just one hour of social interaction each week
- £54 million funding to transform health through data science
- CRN GM staff story: “I see research as a core principle of day-to-day care”
- CRN GM contract extended until 2022 following excellent performance
- Network recruits over 40,000 patients into cancer trials in the West Midlands
- New drug trial offered to local patients with lung cancer
- Antibiotic resistance in children’s E. coli is high when commonly prescribed antibiotics are used