Who can use the RDS?
Our advice services are available to health and social care researchers who are:
- developing grant applications (or applying for personal fellowships) for applied health or social care research
- and applying to national, open, peer reviewed funding programmes.
We cover South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North and East Yorkshire and North East Lincolnshire.
We support a broad range of health and social care researcher’s including:
- medical doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
- academics and NHS and social care practitioners and organisations
- patients, service users, carers and voluntary sector organisations
Our services are free of charge although there are some circumstances in which this is not possible such as:
- the development of projects for which there is no intention to submit a grant application to a recognised funder
- doing the research; if required this would need to be costed in to the project grant bid, and it would also depend on the available research capacity and interests of the host institution
- formal supervision or informal support for students
- where support is requested to conduct unfunded analysis on data already collected