Skip to content

Who can use the RDS? – Research Design Service Yorkshire and Humber

Who can use the RDS?

Who can use the RDS?

Our advice services are available to health and social care researchers who are:

  • developing grant applications (or applying for personal fellowships) for applied health or social care research
  • and applying to national, open, peer reviewed funding programmes.

We cover South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North and East Yorkshire and North East Lincolnshire.

We support a broad range of health and social care researcher’s including:

  • medical doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
  • academics and NHS and social care practitioners and organisations
  • patients, service users, carers and voluntary sector organisations


Our services are free of charge although there are some circumstances in which this is not possible such as:

  • the development of projects for which there is no intention to submit a grant application to a recognised funder
  • doing the research; if required this would need to be costed in to the project grant bid, and it would also depend on the available research capacity and interests of the host institution
  • formal supervision or informal support for students
  • where support is requested to conduct unfunded analysis on data already collected

Please view our funding pages for information on peer reviewed funding programmes and look at our ‘Working with the RDS’ statement for further information on the service.